http://notasportsblog.blogspot.com/ 2010-7-7 daily 0.5 Not A Sports Blog: Early Look at the BCS Bowls

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Early Look at the BCS Bowls

Rose Bowl
USC -10 vs Penn State
Penn State and USC both got the shaft in the BCS, they both only lost 1 game. And both losses were in close games on the road the week after they beat Ohio State. But neither was ever really considered for the BCS Title Game. That sucks for them. I think it will be a good game, but I can't see Penn State winning, so I'll say USC covers.

Orange Bowl
Virginia Tech vs Cincinnati
Ugh. I would much rather watch House than this game. Actually, I would rather get kicked in the balls than watch this game. I'll take Virginia Tech and I won't be betting on the game.

Sugar Bowl
Alabama -10.5 vs Utah
Did you know that Utah has beat USC in the Las Vegas bowl in 2001, and they beat Pittsburgh in the Fiesta bowl in 2005? Its true. They are 7-0 in bowl games since 1999. Can they PLEASE get a little respect and be in the conversation for the BCS Title Game?? No, ok. Bama covers.

Fiesta Bowl
Texas -11 vs Ohio State
Ohio state has no business being in this game. They lost 2 games this year, and their best win is against who? Michigan State? Northwestern? I still think Texas is playing for a split national championship. If they dominate Ohio State and Oklahoma squeaks by Florida the AP could vote for Texas. I really hope there is a split championship so that it proves (again) the BCS doesn't work. Texas will win this game by at least 21 points.

BCS Title Game
Florida -3 vs Oklahoma
Oklahoma has the best offense in the country! The killed Texas Tech!! they won the Big 12!!! They have scored 60 points five games in a row!!!! Bradford is going to beat Tebow for the Heisman!!!!! Why in the world are they 3 point underdogs???
Because they actually suck. Their defense is atrocious, as is the entire Big 12's. Florida has looked just as dominant as Oklahoma, their team was here last year, they have the best quarterback in college football, and they are going to dominate this game on both sides of the foorball. Oklahoma has lost their last 4 BCS bowl games. They gave up 48 points to West Virginia in the Fiesta Bowl last year, and they are going to lose this game too. Badly. Florida rolls by two touchdowns.

I will be placing a decent wager on Texas and a small wager on Florida. I'll take another look at these games after Christmas, so there is a good chance I'll be changing my mind. Later in the week, I'll pick out some other games that I will be betting on as well. Please leave a comment or send me an email if you agree, disagree, or have any inside information: notasportsblog@gmail.com